Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Taco Pizza and Fiesta time

My husband and I attend Epic Church in our town. We are more contemporary and do not do Sunday school. We do Lifegroups instead. Lifegroups are small groups and there are 4 levels to them. 1. being more of a game night/food get together and 4. being deep spiritual discussions. Chris and I lead a Level 2 this semester, and we are loving our group!

I get excited because I get to make a little delight this week. This time I was between 2. Either a cheddar, bacon, ranch pull apart bread OR taco pizza. Well, like any good wifey, I discussed it with Chris. He wanted taco pizza. Can you guess which one won? :D

Here's the ingredients:

2 packages Pillsbury crescent rolls
1 can refried beans(we used the jalepeno kind)
3 Roma tomatoes diced
1 small can black olives
1 lb lean ground beef(you can use chicken or turkey)
1 package taco seasoning
1 package 2 cups Mexican cheese shredded

Preheat oven to 375. Spread crescent rolls onto sprayed baking sheet. Spread the edges of the crust onto the edges of the baking sheet to make a crust. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden. My oven baked them golden delicious at 7 minutes.

While the crust is baking, brown the meat, drain, and add in the taco seasoning packet.

Place the refried beans in a microwave safe container and warm in microwave. Spread a thin layer onto the pizza crust. Follow with the meat, olives, tomatoes, and cheese. Bake in oven for another 3-6 minutes until the cheese is melted.


1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious. I am definitely going to be trying it!

    ReplyDelete