Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Surprise!!!

One more NEW recipe for the day!!! I am so excited about this one. Maybe its because I ate about half of the leftover icing....maybe....I did share with Chris :)

Tomorrow at Chris's office they are having a silent auction to support Relay For Life. One of his co-workers asked if I would be contributing since they have already had 2 of my goodies thus far. So on top of the icing and the new recipe, I am on Cloud 9.

I had the idea to add Oreos to a cake mix before, so why not today? Cookies and candies are perfect compliments to a cake mix.

Are you ready for the recipe?

Preheat oven to 325. I used 2 9 inch pans and if I had turned it up to 350, the cake would have burned.

Ingredients for cake:
oreos
1 white cake mix(with all ingredients to make batter)

All I did was make the cake batter in my stand mixer. Once that was thoroughly mixed, break apart one sleeve of oreos and add to the batter.


Bake for around 20 minutes. Once a fork comes out clean, the cakes are finished.

Oreo icing:
I got this recipe from Your cup of cake. She has an amazing blog filled with delicious goodies. Check her out!

1/2 cup butter(1 stick) softened
8 0z cream cheese softened
2 tsp vanilla extract
4-5 cups powdered sugar(my consistency and taste was perfect at 4 cups)
crushed oreos

Cream the butter and cream cheese together. Once fluffy add in the vanilla.
*I kept my mixer on low for this next process*
Add powdered sugar in one cup at a time

You can gradually crank up the speed once you have added as much. Lastly, crush about one sleeve of oreos and add to the mixer. Allow them all to combine for about 30 seconds and your icing is complete!

Ice you cakes and top with your favorite goodies!

1 comment:

  1. Ummm, this looks delicious! As usual. ;-) I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Basically it is just a way for new bloggers to connect with new bloggers and I thought it might help with getting your blog out there! Check out my blog for the details! :)

    ReplyDelete