After I got home from work yesterday, I started browsing Pinterest and came across this recipe. I wasn't sure when I was going to make it, but its in the crockpot so I couldn't pass it up.
I showed Chris the recipe, and he was all over it! Perfect for a birthday dinner!!!
So, I headed to our Publix to get his cake(that I secretly ordered) and the ingredients for our delicious dinner.
Here's the recipe that I got from http://hotmamanetwork.com/blog/buffalo-chicken-lasagna/.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (cooked and chopped – I chopped my very fine)
- 1 Cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 828ml of pasta sauce( 1 big can and then some of another one)
- Uncooked lasagna noodles
- Tub of Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of water
- In a bowl combine the chicken, buffalo sauce & pasta sauce
- Spray your 5 qt slow cooker with non stick spray
- Cover the bottom of the crockpot with a layer of the sauce
- Add a layer of noodles – you will need to break them up. We like lots of noodles so we doubled up on this step
- Spread a layer of ricotta cheese across the noodles
- Add bell peppers
- Top with cheese
- Repeat the layers until you run out of ingredients.
- On the final layer top with sauce and cheese
- Pour 1/4 cup of water over your lasagna
- Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or on high for 2.5 to 3 hours.
I tasted a bite around 330 this afternoon, and I was blown away! Chris LOVED it and he have a lot left over. I also baked some small whole grain rolls that were B1G1 at Publix.
Everything about his birthday dinner was perfect :) I am so lucky to be married to a man that puts God first in every step of our journey. Here's to many years to come!