Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cookie Cake Pie

This was my second time making this little delight. I cant tell you this though, do NOT have a fork available once you are finished making these. You will not be able to stop :)

I saw this on Pinterest and followed the link to the blog where this was posted. What makes a dessert better than 3 in one, right? Crispy pie crust, decadent chocolate chip cookie dough, and cake and homemade icing. Triple threat indeed :) AND this makes 2 pies

Original Cookie Cake Pie Link


Recipe:
1 roll of chocolate chip cookie dough
1 box funfetti cake mix(with all ingredients to make cake batter)
2 deep dish frozen pie crusts

Buttercream:
2 sticks butter at room temp
3 cups powdered sugar
1-2 tbsp whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. Split roll of cookie dough in half and press each half into each pie crust. Next, make cake batter according to box directions. Split cake batter between pie pans. Bake in oven for 25-35 minutes.



*Cakes will puff and brown. I turned my oven down to 325 and let it bake longer. Make sure you let the pies bake completely. They are finished when you can poke the middle with a fork and get nothing back.*

While the pies are cooling, whip up the homemade buttercream. The butter here is very important. You have to use regular butter. My first attempt turned out liquid because I used a light butter.




I hope you all enjoy! This has to be one of my favorite recipes and desserts now. It is VERY easy and it makes plenty for a family gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment