Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Bread PLUS a surprise!!

Happy Wednesday, loves! I am finally making some time to post more recipes that I have made. Work has worn me out in multiple ways, and I can only give credit to God for His work and by others allowing Him to move in them for me to debrief after almost every shift.

My spiritual gifts are shepherding and mercy. They are wonderful gifts. I have a continuous tender and compassionate heart. It makes me love my job and my patients more. But like any job, I got worn out physically, mentally, and emotionally. Thank you God for restoration!

After I finished my shift on Friday, my precious hubby had everything ready to go so when I got home, we could leave for my parents house. Mom always wants me to cook something :) I'm used to making dessert while I'm there so this weekend was a little bit of a surprise with me actually making an appetizer: the cheddar bacon ranch bread.

This is incredibly delicious, savory, and addictive!

Ingredients:
1 loaf round bakery bread
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3 oz bacon bits(I used turkey bacon)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tbsp ranch packet

Preheat oven to 350. Place aluminum foil on a large baking sheet. For the first 15 minutes, the bread will be covered in foil. It's easier to go ahead and have it under the bread. Place the bread on top of the foil and use a serrated knife to cut length wise and width wise 1 inch cubes. Cut about 3/4 way through the bread. Not completely through the bottom.

Next, take bits of the shredded cheese and place it between the slices. Spinkle bacon bits between and on top of bread. Now, melt the butter and add the 1 tbsp ranch packet to it. Pour mixture all over bread.

Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover the bread and bake for another 10 minutes. Enjoy!!

 ***Surprise: I am planning on making a cookies and cream cake today for a silent auction. Recipe to be posted either today or Friday***

No comments:

Post a Comment