Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle

I have officially been at Decatur General for a little over a month now, and I absolutely LOVE it! Nothing is better than living your dream and fulfilling the plans that God created you to do. I can have the worst day on the planet, but because one patient tells me that I made a difference all that is erased. Knowing that I can make a difference by caring for others is one of my loves, and I am grateful to live in a country where I can do just that.

Over the past 5 days, I have been quite the baker. I made 2 batches of the Golden Oreo Cake Batter Blondies. One for a get together and another to take to work. Have a mentioned that I LOVE my job? AND my co-workers. I knew this week would be filled with goodies galore, so when I thought about what to make for our lifegroup tonight, what better than something easy and more than likely already had the ingredients for.

I found this recipe from A Whisk and a Prayer. I have made this recipe a couple of times, but I always like to add a little spin on it to make it more "mine."

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

What you will need:
1 cup softened butter
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips or any chips of your choice
optional: nuts, rainbow sprinkles(my FAVORITE garnish for anything sweet)

*I also added 4 pinches of brown sugar*

Mix the butter and vanilla together. Once they are combined, add in the salt, sugar, flour, chips, and any other toppings you chose.


Here is what is looks like all combined in my lovely red mixer. The batter is going to be a little thick. This is normal for the cookie brittle. 



Spray your baking sheet with Pam, and spread the dough completely on the sheet. I find it easier to use my Tupperware rubber spatula to flatten the dough and spread it out easier. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
*Make sure you check the brittle at around 15 minutes*

Wait for it to cool completely, and then remove in pieces from the baking sheet. I hope you enjoy this!

What extra toppings did you add to your cookie brittle?

No comments:

Post a Comment