Monday, July 9, 2012

Chicken and Dumpling Bake

Happy Monday my blog followers!
Let me tell you, once I walked that stage on May 5th I have hit the grown up world running. July 4 was my first day off in about a month, and I loved the sweet taste of freedom. No puns :) So Thursday when I had day #2 off, I was antsy. In my previous blog, I mentioned that a precious co-worker's FIL brought us Mexican for lunch one day. I had to pay her back somehow, but which recipe to choose? Luckily, she made it easy for me.

What better than chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes? I took those to work this past Friday, and all of the nurses and techs were VERY pleased :) Always makes my day to know I make tummies happy.

After I finished the cupcakes, I knew that the hubs and I were low of meals, and we had the ingredients for chicken and dumplings that we hadn't used yet.

Chicken and Dumpling Bake:
2-3 lbs chicken breasts
10 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables
1 cream of mushroom soup
salt and pepper to taste
1 can of 10 biscuits

My chicken breasts were frozen, and my waterless cookware cooked them in about 15 minutes. You can't get any better than that :) After the chicken was thoroughly cooked, I preheated my oven to 425 and cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces.

Spray your casserole dish with Pam or any other nonstick spray. In a large bowl, mix the chicken, soup, salt and pepper, and frozen vegetables. Once they are thoroughly mixed, pour into the casserole dish, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Halfway through the bake time, place the biscuits on a cookie sheet and place in the oven for the remaining 15 minutes or until golden brown. After the 30 minutes are complete, remove the casserole dish from the oven and place the biscuits on top.



I finished this recipe right at the minute that I needed to leave to go in for my last shift at Victoria's Secret, so I did not get a taste and I yet have had the chance. BUT my precious husband brought my repaired rings to the store and told me that the dish was incredible!! I am always thankful to know that I can cook dishes that he loves and asks for again. I didn't come into our relationship cooking. It is something that I picked up and really wanted to learn to do because I feel like its my duty as a wife. Chris is a fabulous cook, and I will always appreciate him stepping out of the kitchen for me to give this a try. I have fallen in love with baking and cooking and I know I have God and him to thank for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment