Thursday, July 5, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

I have been working at the hospital for 3 weeks now, and I have SO missed baking!! This past Sunday, a co-worker mentioned Mexican for lunch. Her sweet father in law brought it to us, and they wouldn't let me pay them back. What better payback than yummy chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes? Answer:nothing.

I went this morning to get the ingredients.

Cake:
1 box sugar free yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 cup water

I added chocolate chunks to my cake batter. I added around 1 cup. 

Bake the cupcakes on 325 for 19-23 minutes. Mine were perfect at 19 minutes.

While those are baking, you need to make the eggless cookie dough.

Cookie Dough:
2 cups flour
1/3 cup butter
1 TBSP vanilla
4 TBSP milk
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar

Mix thoroughly and then add chocolate chunks. I added 1 bag(11.5 oz) of chocolate chunks.

When the cupcakes have cooled, cut a circle in the top and remove the center. You will need to trim the top that you removed once you have filled the center with you cookie dough.

After your 2 dozen yummy cupcakes are filled, add about 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream to the remaining cookie dough. Use this as your frosting :) I can't even begin to tell you how delicious this is!


No comments:

Post a Comment