Sunday, May 27, 2012

Golden Oreo Cake Batter Blondies

While preparing for our cookout this week, I went through my Pinterest boards to find a dessert recipe. Earlier in the week I had remembered searching through a blog that I adore, and I found a recipe for golden oreo cake batter blondies. I knew that would be my new recipe for the week.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
First mix together 1 yellow cake mix, 1/4 cup of oil, and 1 egg. I used my stand mixer for this. After those 3 ingredients are mixed together, slowly mix in 1/3-1/2 cup milk. I filled my 1/2 cup measuring cup, turned my mixer on low, and slowly added in the milk. I ended up staying between 1/3-1/2 rather than choosing one or the other. The batter will be thick and sticky.

Next, I added in 1/2 cup of sprinkles. I took my mixing bowl off of the mixer and used a large spoon to fold these in. It was quite the workout :)
After the sprinkles are folded in, you are going to fold in 1 1/2 cups of crushed oreos. To make this a little easier and to be sure that I had the oreos mixed thoroughly, I folded the oreos in by 1/2 cup measurements.

Now you are ready to place these in your greased 8x8 baking pan.
Here is what the batter looks like after smoothing and evening it out. Once you are satisfied with this, top with more sprinkles and crushed oreos. It now looks like this.
YUM!!! Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Your house is going to smell delightful, and trust me on this one, it is hard to wait 30 minutes for these to cool to cut. These were a hit at the cookout, and the taste and texture of the blondies are perfect.
When you pull them out of the oven, the middle is going to look like it is not cooked all of the way. Wait 30 minutes to cut them, and by that time, the middle will have become more stable.

1 yellow cake mix
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1/3-1/2 milk
1/2 cup sprinkles(have extra to top with)
1 1/2 cup crushed golden oreos(have extra to top with)

No comments:

Post a Comment