Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chocolate Covered Pretzels

I hope you all had a great week! Mine was nice. It was just long and stressful. Ah, the life of a last semester nursing student :) My husband, Christopher, told me Thursday that we were going to have company tonight. YIKES! So, I totally freaked out because I had a 160 question HESI Friday at 2P. The list of to-dos was piling up with tasks that needed to be done before the guests arrived at 6P.

Instead of cooking a full meal, we are making snacks. I know. YUMMY! Chris made his buffalo chicken dip :) and I made barbeque cocktail weenies in my beloved crockpot and.....chocolate covered pretzels.

It was my first attempt at making these, so I was kinda nervous at how they would turn out. I was praying they would be perfect. Well, at least that the chocolate would stay on them.













Here's what I used:
1 box of Baker's semisweet chocolate squares.
1 bad of Kroger sour dough nuggets
wax paper on a cooking sheet
valentines sprinkles

I prepped my chocolate first. I ended up using a total of the 5 out of 8 squares in the Baker's box. While they were in the microwave for 1 minutes, I spread wax paper out on a baking sheet. I then opened my bad of pretzels, and two at a time dipped them in the chocolate.

Here's a trick I learned: To get excess chocolate goodness off of the pretzel, use a fork.

I made about half of the pan regular chocolate pretzels, and then I wanted to add more pizzazz. After I dipped some pretzels into the chocolate and removed the extra chocolate with my super handy fork, I added some Valentine's Day sprinkles to them. There are lips, hearts, and cute black dots on them now.













Here they are!! My finished product.
They are now cozied up with blueberries, strawberries, apple slices, and cheese and crackers in one of my favorite Tupperware display pieces.

If there is anything you want to ask me, talk about, or for me to try please leave me a comment, and I'll gladly make the request! I hope you all have a perfect weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment