Saturday, September 1, 2012

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

There is so much excitement in the air that I can't stand it! Yesterday I had  a beach wave put in my hair, and I am so excited to be able to wash it and fix it for the first time tomorrow. BUT it doesn't end there! Sometime this morning, a very nice package will arrive, and Chris and I will be going to Huntsville to pick up my first car that I will be paying for!!!! I am completely overwhelmed and excited that I haven't been able to sleep :) I was up at 5:30 this morning. OUCH!

I know, I know. It's Saturday, but when you have the excitement of a check AND the first Alabama game of the season who can sleep? I decided since I was already awake why not go ahead and make the crimson dip for the Alabama football party tonight at my brother and sister-in-laws.

This recipe is extremely easy and quick. I'm sure it's going to be a hit tonight!

Ingredients:
1 8oz cream cheese
1 box Red Velvet Cake
2-3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter
3-4 tbsp milk

In a stand mixer(or a bowl), cream together the cream cheese and butter. Once they are mixed well, add 2-3 cups of the cake mix, and between each added cup add 1 tbsp milk. Slowly, one cup at a time, add the powdered sugar. Again, between each cup added, add 1 tbsp milk.

*The most helpful tip I can give is that this dip is all about texture and sweetness. If you are happy with less milk and a thicker dip, I would suggest only adding the 3 tbsp. I added the full 3 cups of powdered sugar and 3.5 tbsp of milk. It is a pretty thick dip, but in my personal opinion this one should be thicker.*

I hope you all enjoy :)



ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment