Monday, March 11, 2013

With A Little Help From Our Friends

From Day 1 of being in our new home, Chris and I knew we wanted to have a "welcome" party to have friends over to see our new home. Home is where the heart is, and we love to open our hearts to others. With that being said, we want our home to not only feel safe to us but to our church, friends, and family. Chris was sweet enough to make the invitations and send them while I was working (a lot) the past month. (Did I mention that I am still treated like a queen after almost 2 years of marriage? I'm incredibly blessed.)

Last week while I was off, I cleaned and raked my brain with what I should have as snacks for our little get together. I didn't decide until the day of, of course.

1. Hot cheesy bean dip
2. Taco pizza(a repeat recipe) Taco Pizza Recipe
3. Double trouble aka birthday cake Oreos wrapped in sugar cookie dough
4. Rattlesnake bites
5. Buffalo cauliflower bites aka heaven in a dish

It was quite a task to take on when all five of these little delights had to be baked. BUT I was up for a challenge :)

*I found these recipes on Pinterest*

First up was the Double Trouble cookies.This recipe came from The Domestic Rebel.

Ingredients:
Birthday cake Oreos(or any Oreo of your choice)
2 rolls of Sugar cookie dough
Sprinkles

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray your muffin tins with non-stick spray. Next, take 1/12 of the dough. Flatten it and place an Oreo in the middle. Wrap dough completely around the cookie and dip in the sprinkles.

Place in the greased muffin tin. 1 roll of dough made a dozen cookies. Bake for 15-17 minutes. You want the edges to be golden and the center set. Enjoy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment