Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Having the Cake and Eating It Too

Who doesn't want to have their own cake and eat it too? I know I do! I am an icing queen. My husband, not so much. Another quality in our relationship that I love so much. I get ALL of the icing, and he can have the cake.

I recently started making my own cake recently. Vanilla is all that I have progressed to, but if it's what people are happy with, why change?

Cake:
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup heavy cream w/ 1/2 cup water

Mix butter and sugar together on medium until fluffy. Then, add eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, add the flour, salt, and baking powder together. Next, add 1/2 flour mixture. After that is thoroughly mixed, add in the heavy cream, then the last 1/2 of the flour mixture. Grease 2 cake pans, and separate the batter evenly.


Bake on 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick is removed clean.

Cool, remove from pans, and ice!

Here's the buttercream recipe:
2 sticks butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 tbsp cream
4-5 cups powdered sugar

Whip butter on medium until fluffy. Then add the vanilla and cream. Once mixed, cup by cup add the powdered sugar. 

Here's some pictures of cakes I have recently done:

Fourth of July Cake

Cake for my sweet co-worker for her June birthday

Cookie cake pie

The last one, I haven't made in a while, and it is AWESOME!! Click here for the recipe for Cookie Cake Pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment