Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Lawdy Lawdy

I have made so many new recipes lately that it is hard to keep up. So today I say "Who says you can't have cake for breakfast?"

Yesterday was my day off, and boy was it a lovely day to have off. I got to have breakfast with the hubs and our fur babies. I worked out some, went to Wally World for some ingredients, stopped by Hobby Lobby for some material, and went to Hartselle to my MIL's house to make pillow covers. I have to admit I do have a sewing machine that I got from her but I am terrified of it. I am so scared that I'm going to sew my fingers in it. Confession: I sewed 2 pillows and I came out with all 10 fingers attached and unpricked.


My new pillows!
While I was at her house, we made Paula Deen's Lazy Man's Dessert. I saw it on Food Network last week and thought it was time for a try.

Ingredients: 
1 can crushed pineapple
1 can pie filling-she used blueberry. I used blackberry
1 box Butter cake mix
3/4 cup melted butter
crushed nuts(optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray casserole dish with non-stick spray. Pour pineapple, juice and all, into the pan. Layer pie filling on the top. Then, spread the dry cake mix over the filling evenly. Drizzle the melted butter over the entire mix. Lastly, top with crushed nuts. Bake for 40-50 minuted or until the middle of the cake mix is cooked. Remove from the oven and enjoy immediately! This is a dessert from Heaven, and it's EASY!! 

So, when I came home yesterday I had an idea. I had a can of pumpkin and a spice cake mix in  my pantry. We all know how well those go together. Since I am on call right now, I figured I would give this recipe a shot.

Ingredients:
1 large can of pumpkin
1 box spice cake mix
3/.4 cup butter
almond milk-<1/4 cup
crushed nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray casserole dish with non-stick spray. Pour pumpkin into the casserole dish and pour almond milk into the pumpkin ad stir. I added enough almond milk to thin the pumpkin out. You want the texture to be slightly liquid. Top with the dry spice cake mix. Pour the melted butter on top. Sprinkle crushed nuts over the butter, and bake for 40-45 minutes. Oh my goodness! This one was delicious too!!

  Pumpkin lover's unite!!



I hope you all enjoy these new recipes!! What combinations will you try?

No comments:

Post a Comment